Player

From KOTS Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Player Trees

Dexterity

Dexterity player.jpg

Aliases: dex
Category: Offense
Per Level 	
   +10% ammo pickup
   Less chance to drop a weapon (before training any Dex players start off with a 50% chance to hold on to a weapon after a Strength Weapon Knock. Each Dex level raises your chances by 2%)
   +2 cubes after each respawn
   Decreases chance of being poisoned by 8%
Level 1 	
   Fast weapon switching
Level 2 	
   Stealth - You make no noise from walking/flying/jumping. Note: you can still hear your own item pickup sounds at half normal volume, but no one else can hear them.
Level 3 	
   Grapple Hook - Costs 5 cubes to fire the grapple, which pulls you to anything it connects to. Base speed is 800.
   Commands are 'kots_hook' and 'kots_unhook'
   Or you can use the alias '+hook'
Level 4 	
   75% reduction in damage from falling, drowning, and being crushed
   25% reduction in damage from Rage Flail
Level 5 	
   Quieter grappling hook
   Increased hook speed to 1300.
   Increase Weapon Knock recovery from 10/sec to 20/sec.
   Increased player pack ammo pickup - Normally only 50% of the ammo from a dropped player pack can be picked up. With Dexerity 5, now 100% of the pack ammo can be picked up, up to a max of standard  Quake 2 ammo maxes. Also, other players now get 1/2 the ammo pickup they otherwise would when grabbing your packs when you are fragged.
   Ammo Steal - Every time a Dexterity 5 character does damage, ammo will be stolen and deposited directly into their inventory. The ammo type stolen is selected randomly. (If the victim has none of that randomly selected ammo type, none will be stolen.) The amount stolen is 12.5% of the modified damage dealt. Also, the amount stolen is increased proportional to the ammo type's capacity. (Ie, more bullets/cells will be stolen on average than rox/slugs.)
Also, note that players that are holding more ammo than their specified max will drop packets of ammo till they're below their max. (This could happen by stocking up, and then dropping a strength rune, or by Dex Ammo Steal.)
Level 6 	
   50% reduction in damage from Rage Flail
   Cost to fire grapple reduced to 2 cubes
Level 7 	
   Extra +10 cubes per respawn, for a total of +24 cubes per respawn
   Quieter grappling hook
   Faster grappling hook. Speed is now 1800.
   Ability to attach hook to players dealing 20 damage per second. Hook will be detatched on teleport, flail, throw, or by getting out of the line of sight.
   2x ammo pickup
   Improved ammo steal (25% baseline stolen, instead of 12.5%)
   25% reduction in damage from ExPacks
   Mastered player pack ammo pickup - Normally only 50% of the ammo from a dropped player pack can be picked up. With Dexerity 7, now 200% of the pack ammo can be picked up, up to a max of standard Quake 2 ammo maxes. Also, other players now get 1/4 the ammo pickup they otherwise would when grabbing your packs when you are fragged.
   Per level Str Knock resistance changed from 2% to 6%. That brings the total chance to hold on after a weap knock up to 92%
   Haste - Use the kots_haste command to double your out of water movement speed. The cost of haste is 50 cubes for 15 seconds.
Level 10 	
   Cost to fire Grapple reduced to 1 cube
   Rise ammo pickup from 2x normal to 3x normal
   Full immunity to weapon knock
   90% reduction in damage from Rage Flail
   Ability to hook to the sky

Strength

Strength player.jpg

Aliases: str
Category: Offense

Karma

Karma player.jpg

Aliases: kar
Category: Defense

Wisdom

Wisdom player.jpg

Aliases: wis
Category: Defense

Technical

Technical player.jpg

Aliases: tech, tec
Category: Defense

Spirit

Spirit player.jpg

Aliases: spi
Category: Mixed

Rage

Rage player.jpg

Aliases: rag
Category: Offense

VitHealth

Vit player.jpg

Aliases: vith
Category: Defense
No Training Limit

VitArmor

Vit player.jpg

Aliases: vith
Category: Defense
No Training Limit

Munition

Munition player.jpg

Aliases: mun
Category: Offense
No Training Limit

Notes

Damage Notes

Special note on damage - Several abilities in KOTS2007 do things based on damage dealt. These include Ammo Steal, Weapon Knock, Poisoning, Quad Rage, Armor Knock and Empathy Shield.

All of these damage calculations are done AFTER

  • Player upgrade resistances (like Strength 4 and Wisdom 2)
  • Weapon resistances (the "resist" command)
  • Team mode (you cannot steal ammo from teammates in CTF/teamplay/spreewar)
  • Spiritual Rail Deflection (if a rail is deflected, then no ammo is stolen from the Spirit 7 player)

but BEFORE

  • Wisdom health damage reduction
  • Technical armor damage reduction
  • Loss of armor by the victim

ie., if your player has done "resist grenade launcher" and has upgraded Strength 4, then together your player will take 43.75% less damage from a grenade blast. Similarly, any ammo stolen, for instance, would be 43.75% less than normal. However, for the other example, if your player has, for instance, Tech 5, then damage done to your armor would make it seem as though 55.6% less damage was being done. However, any ammo stolen would still be the full 100%.

Other

  • BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THE MENU TO UPGRADE BECAUSE THERE IS LAG!
  • You receive 1 player point per character level gained.
  • You cannot train a player tree to level 10. Unless there is no training limit then you must hold a rune to reach level 10.
  • Training past level 5 in more than one tree requires extra points. The first two past level 5 only require one point, the third requires 2 points and each subsequent training requires an extra 2 points more (1, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, etc.).
  • Categories don't really have any meaning there just there so some of the newer players can quickly look for something they want. Some defensive abilities have some offensive use to them and vice versa for offensive player upgrades.